Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Christmas in September


Spent some time today working on these blocks for a Christmas block swap - I am making blocks in traditional Christmas colours & fabrics (most of which I got from a fabric swap with a friend) for the other participants, plus a number of blocks in less traditional colours (blue, silver, dark red, etc) for myself. I plan to make 2 lap quilts - the traditional coloured one perhaps for my mother in law as a Christmas present. And the other one, for us. I also started putting together the neutral blocks to go with the seashell fabric I bought at Hever on the weekend - I am using a dark brown fossil fern to sash between the blocks (only 1" sashing) then will use the seashells as a border. So far, it looks great - hopefully I will have it sashed tomorrow or Thursday, so a photo should come soon...

No comments: