Thursday, September 21, 2006

Stripe Hell...


...aka "Participant's Mystery Block" - a challenge type thing with an online group - you sign up and then each month someone nominates a block to do. You can do it in any way you like, most people pick a set of fabrics to work with or one feature fabric or whatever. This time, I chose a stripey fabric as my feature fabric. If I ever do that again, someone should shoot me. Anyway, this block is last month's nominated block - not really my style, but pretty enough. I decided to use the stripe in the flowers because I did some tulips before in a different month, where they were the stripe - it's a whole striped-flower theme thing going on. The other blocks are here - no idea what I'm going to do with them, but it's been a good exercise in working with stripes. This month (because I'm not allowed an easy block so I can catch up!) the block is a Blazing Star. Sigh. I'm going to have my revenge though - I haven't picked mine yet, and I'm thinking New York Beauty... (evil grin)

No comments: