Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Just a little bit last minute!



I knew I'd have a quilting day today on the longarm, but didn't know what I was going to do with it - until I looked at my calendar again and realised that my stepmom's birhday (which I knew was in early October) was her 60th this year - yikes! I was thinking it was next year... Luckily, I have a number of quilt tops stored away with their backings, ready to be quilted for just such an emergency as this, so I was able to just grab something suitable and get on with it. Whew. I chose this top, which was the result of a swap a long time ago on Scrapquilting forum - maybe even the first one I joined. It was a block similar to churn dash, in florals and white - quite pretty. And a good size for a throw quilt, so just right for this occasion. Now to put the binding on it - I can always sew it down once I get to the US as I won't be seeing my stepmom until the 18th or so... The pantograph pattern is a lovely one, very dense, called Amanda's Garden - I really enjoyed doing it, though it did give me hand cramp a bit!

No comments: