Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Squishies in the post


Lookie what I got in the post yesterday. These may look a bit familiar - yes, they are the blocks from the string square swap which I made lots of blocks for and made a quilt for Cathi from more that I'd made. These are the blocks I got back from others in the swap, which means that they look essentially like the ones I'd made myself, only with different fabrics - and in many cases, fabrics I've never seen before. At a glance, there are a few fabrics in there I have in my own stash, but it's swaps like these that never cease to amaze me how many different fabrics there are out there... Anyway, the swap hostess knows I like brown and so made an effort to pull out some of the brown blocks to send me - wasn't that sweet? There are 50 blocks here, but I'm only showing 4 - not enough space to lay the others out easily...

2 comments:

Joyce said...

What a great way to check out interesting fabrics without spending money on Gotta-haves!

Dormouse said...

Very nice. I love string blocks.