Friday, November 24, 2006

Believe it or not...

So, those of you who thought I would just leave the triangle stuck to the back of the postcard, I'm afraid you're wrong. But you still get half credit, because I had fully intended to do so, so you obviously know me well enough! The reason I didn't in the end is that I did a second postcard with a different colour thread and really liked it much better, so decided that I needed the darker thread on the green postcard, too. Two birds with one stone and all that. Although I was sorry I had changed the stitch length to something quite small to do that quilting...

As you can see, I have now done three of these to this stage - they just have to be trimmed and have the backing paper fused on and edge stitched. I like the way they are coming out - nice when a simple idea works. Maybe I'll even manage to get through the 35 of them I'm supposed to be doing!

The other thing I worked on today, I can't post pictures of, because it might spoil it for someone - I am taking part in the Twisted Mystery (2) on Quilt Shoppe Forum - I did the last one and it was fun (though my poor finished piece - the one for me, not the one I made - got lost over the ocean somewhere. Sigh). Each player sends a bunch of fabric to the hostess, who then passes them back out to the other players - you don't know whose you have or who has yours. You then make a quilt and send it back (not a huge quilt, obviously - there are size guidelines). I got my new fabric the other day and it's been sitting around for a few days, waiting to inspire me - not that there's any rush, as it's not due until well into the new year. But anyway, I was looking at Anne's blog and got inspired by her colour block quilts. So I've been plotting and planning and will probably start cutting soon. Just can't resist. But I can't put up a photo because I know there are some ladies on that forum who at least occasionally read my blog, and it might be their stuff - don't want to ruin the surprise! If you are desperately interested in the fabrics I received, I can email you a URL to have a look, but I'm not going public. I will, however, talk about it in general terms!

No comments: