Monday, November 20, 2006

Dye anther day...

OK, it was the same day's worth of dyeing, just a few more photos. This is the shirt that Alex made - he squirted all the dye on himself - the shirt was pre-soaked in soda ash solution then laid in a washing up basin, a little scrunched up, but only a little. He squeezed on the three primary colours, carefully, overlapping in places and not in others. I think it came out really well, personally. My own shirt is a similar, but paler - and I only used a few colours. Olivia tried to draw a design on hers, which didn't work really well, but I still like the result...
By the way - thanks to all who have commented on my fabrics from yesterday - with me being on blogger beta, a lot of those comments don't show email addresses, so if I haven't responded, it's not that I'm ignoring you.

1 comment:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hello, I am new to blogger and have beta, as well. I am just learning the ropes and finding interesting blogs to read each day and just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed yours! I live in Salem, Oregon US, and do a lot of community quilting with a small group for various charities. I have the same problem with comments that you do, but I just post under my own comment section and hope the commenter comes back to check :) Feel free to check out my blog...I'll be back to check on yours, as well!