Monday, January 08, 2007

Book pages are red...

Today's book page theme was red (you may have guessed) - I found the red and white polka dot paper yesterday and considered that serendipity. This is the last set for a few days - I need to wait to see what the next lesson has us doing before doing any more, and anyway, I have other projects I need to spend some time with. When I started these two, I had them the other way around (left on right, right on left) but by the time I'd finished, they were telling me they want to go this way. Which seems fair enough.


The left hand page uses a number of items and techniques I've used before - sequins, ribbon, a fabric print (the woman), but also this time I have used some foiling and a number of metallic frame stickers I got from the card-making supplies section of a catalogue. I think. Also, I've done some stamping on this one.

The right hand page uses similar things, plus some metallic paper and sequin punch. Also, I couched some yarn down to the page to begin with - I think if I do that again, I might attach it to the interfacing at the same time, as that will help keep the page from pulling in, which this one did a bit. It won't matter, as I am trimming the final pages by half an inch anyway, but it makes it a bit fiddly to work with. When I thought I was finished with it, it told me it wanted beads, so I've used beads on this one, too. Well, it is a surface embellishment group!

Oh, I should also say that for the first time, I've actually used the same piece of fabric for both pages - but as it was a hand-dye, and I picked two very different parts of the fabric, they do look quite different. It works, though, I think.

No comments: