Saturday, January 13, 2007

Fabric book - image transfers


Back to the fabric book pages today - the current lesson being about different ways to do image transfers onto paper and fabric. First I just practiced various image transfer techniques - using gel medium to move images from a printout to fabric and paper (mixed results, some interesting), using iron-on t-shirt transfer paper (really easy - I love it), printing directly to fabric and twill tape and so on. I did not yet try image transfer from transparency to fabric as I ordered the wrong kind of transparencies before and have had to order more - won't have them until Tuesday or so, but will try it then.
Anyway, the two pages I did today used images from the iron-on transfer paper, simply because I thought they went well with the yellow & gold fabrics. Other transferred images will make appearances later - some vintage ladies, for instance, who I think might like a pink background. And so on. I have also used in these pages ribbon, sheer fabric, textured paper, tiny beads, stamps, a charm, regular beads, and an image on a transparency, which is simply sewed to the fabric. Click here for close-ups of the left and right pages.
Sarah and Olivia helped me lay out the pages and choose items to put on them - they did some of this while I finished the blocks for the winter jewel tone swap, which can now go in the post Monday afternoon. Hurrah. Tomorrow I will spend not sewing or making book pages, but buying fabric - big local sale every year in January, and I'm looking forward to spending some money on fabric! Details of purchased will of course be duly shared here :)

No comments: