Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Not everything is black and white



These are the brown postcards ("my favourite colour") done - I like the way they turned out. I was going to use metallic thread for some of the decorative stitching - you can see a bit of it here and there - but it was breaking too much and annoying me, so I gave up and instead just used several shades of brown. It works.

I also started work on another set of postcards - this on the theme "black and white". After throwing around a number of other ideas, I decided to go with something really simple - half black and half white, with diagonal white stitches in one direction and diagonal black in the other. Here, I've done about half of the white stitching, the rest of that and the black are still to come.

And finally, I have started the next row for my nesting row robin - the basket row. I decided to just make some simple baskets and then cut out a number of little blue flowers and bond them on and sew them down "in" the baskets. Photos to come.

No comments: