Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Many squishies & a little work

With my houseguests gone, I did have a little sewing time today, though not a lot - managed to do some of the roots for the Earth Day cards, which are the main priority, but as it's not the very most exciting task, I mixed it up with some other stuff - starting some mini string pieced squares for another set of cards, and cutting out and sewing together some black squares for that particular project. All these bits of black arriving in the post, I really have to do something with them! And this is some more black bits that arrived this morning. These are from Carrie - thanks! One is shown flipped partly over as Brigid, who sent some yesterday, reminded me that the reverses of fabrics are often suitable as well.



Got these four lanterns in the post today, from Vickie, Pat and Arla - what a good selection of fabrics! I have two more to finish and a few more than that to send out; I really must get them done before too long!







And finally, I received this block with African fabrics from Karol Ann today - we are doing a private block swap using African fabrics, and this is the first block. It will now be my turn to make a block for her (and one for me) and send it along. Luckily, this is a casual, no-pressure swap, so I don't have to worry about getting it done for a few weeks - really must catch up on everything else!

1 comment:

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

That African block is great.