Friday, April 06, 2007

Thursday...



So, this is the first of my swap backs for my 3" squares I offered a few days ago on the blog. I sent 3 packs of squares off to Anne, and she sent these lovely fabrics back - all of them are her own hand dyes, except the back left one, which is a blue salt batik. They are all decent sized pieces - fat eigths, maybe - what I think of as being "small but useful". Anne suggested I might be using them as postcard backgrounds if nothing else, and she's right, I often use smaller pieces of hand-dyes in this way - I love the texture a hand-dye gives as a background fabric, so we may well see them used that way in future. There is another FQ on its way to me from Annie in Australia, and I'll be swapping some larger squares with another Karol Ann. I still have some left, so if you are interested in swapping, just leave me a comment!


I also did a little sewing - I decided to dig out some four patches from an old swap, and put some of them together - I also ended up making a few more out of some 2.5" squares (this is a size I actually tend to use - it's so versatile, I guess). What I had were just little 4" 4-patches - a single fabric with a WOW. Some of them I've put together 4x 4-patches, some of them I've put together with plain WOW squares to make double four patches, and I'm alternating them, just to give it a little lift and lightnesss. I have enough 4 patches for 49 blocks - they are 8" blocks. Should be a nice quilt, scrappy, but not too out of control.

No comments: