Thursday, May 03, 2007

Basket case (again)




Well, now that it's no longer a secret, I can post some photos of the basket blocks I made for the May block lotto over on about.com. And it's a good day for it today as I of course didn't get any work done on a Thursday - I almost never do. (Though I will next week because I've switched Alex's wraparound day to Thursday - of course, I won't get anything done on Wednesday, as I'll be going to the farm with the nursery - heck, I may be too tired on Thursday to do anything but recover!) Anyway. Basket blocks aren't something I make very often, so it was fun to do these. I did everything but the basket and background from my scrap basket, and of course, it hasn't so much as made a dent - not surprising, I guess...

I did get some nice post today, though - these beautiful blocks from the other Donna in the swap (I got blocks from the other Donna yesterday) - I love the way Donna has used the print with the geishas in it - it's very effective. This may be my favourite block so far. Of course, I do like most of them, so it's very hard to choose!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your baskets are lovely - but way too many triangles for me :o)

Simonetta said...

Compliments, Kate! Your blocks are so beautiful :)))))

Helen in the UK said...

Love your basket blocks. I'm curious, did you piece from individual triangles, squares, strips or thangles or something else?