Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Fancy stitchery

For a change, I'll start with stuff I actually did today. I started working on piecing the Jacob's Ladder blocks when I got home from a meeting (summer fair time again - organising it, that is - good excuse for coffee with friends, though we also did a lot of work) but I didn't really feel like dealing with them, so worked on these postcards instead. Basically, I just stitched across them multiple times in different colours and with different stitches - it's a good thing my machine only has about a dozen, or I'd never be able to decide which ones to use. This evening, while watching CSI, I started adding buttons to them. They're much "quiltier" than most of the cards I've been doing lately, so that's kind of fun.


And of course, there were postcards. At the moment, there are LOTS of postcards. I love it, but it's been a bit crazy. Perhaps it will calm down a bit over the summer - oh yeah, I have to remember not to join so many swaps... Anyway, these two are both from the Earth Day swap - the one on the left is from Dorothy and the one on the right is from Woodra. Both very cool, ladies, thank you. I also got back my own sky card, which I won't post a photo of, as I've posted lots of those here. I always post myself one of my own cards to test for mailability - nice to see them come home safely - this one didn't look touched from the front, but has obviously gone through a machine as it has an ink smudge on the back that is clearly from a franking machine. Makes me feel better about them getting where they need to go, safely.

And the final item of post was this. What is it, you may ask? It's a CCRR - this is the next piece I have received in the complex cloth CCRR - Kelly's piece, which Alice has shrunk by laying it on a grid, poking it through the grid with a chopstick and then attaching a fusible fabric to the back. What this means for me is that it's a highly textured piece. I have to figure out what to do with it next. It's been whispering all kinds of suggestions in my direction, but nothing is really right yet. When the right thing comes along, I'll know. (I hope!) It's more pink in real life - salmon I guess - and less orange, but that's fluorescent light at night for you...

No comments: