Monday, June 04, 2007

Big stack o' post

The fun part of being away is coming home to a big pile of fun stuff from the post. In this case, a big handful of cards and a few other goodies. Here they are, not counting anything which might arrive later today!



The card on the left is not a tree card, which is what I thought when I first saw it, but actually a belated card from the Circles swap, from Margaret. The butterfly is from a one-to-one swap I did privately with Janice, who is going to get one of my London cards when they are finished.


These two, you can probably tell, are from the Turtle Day swap - I almost didn't join this one, but I'm really glad I did as the cards I am getting are really fun. Vicki's card is on the left and Ellen's is on the right - and the card on the left below is another turtle, that one from Tara.



The pinwheel star card is from another private swap - Helen admired my flying geese cards so I offered to send her one - this is the card she has sent me in exchange. It's lovely, despite going through the franking machine the wrong way around and being franked on the front!





These two are both to the theme Under the Sea - one is a private swap with Ann in France (the left one) and one is from Anna in Spain for the Fiber PC swap with that theme. Ann's card doesn't show very well as it has a layer of sheer fabric over the top of it, but in person the card works beautifully.






And finally, my own trees card came home safe and sound. And that's the cards - what a good assortment. Now I have to rearrange the kitchen cards to take some old ones down and put the new ones up - I really must finish my postcard hanger soon so I can get more of them on display...

Also in the post were this book, which I ordered from Amazon and look forward to reading and the washers above, which are from Anna as part of her washer challenge - I plan to use them in a series of postcards, each card featuring objects which have something in common with the washers in a different way. So far I have thought of: round things, metal things, things with holes, shiny things, things which people have given me for free (either offered on blogs, or whatever), and at least two other themes which I can't remember now but which are written down upstairs in my sewing room. Oh and I just thought of things which start with "w", must add that to the list. If you have any other ideas, leave me a comment and maybe I'll do a postcard to that theme! OK, off to help DD1 finish her quilting, and then a quick foray to the grocery store as there is very little food in the house... Will post more later with pics of what I did while away and so forth.

1 comment:

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

Kate, Love your postcard hanger. And all your lovely postcards. For your 'washer' swap, how about dishwasher, bottle washer, clothes washer?