Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bits and pieces (again)


Some bits and pieces today, as I only sewed for a few hours - I started putting together some backgrounds for a future group of postcards to the theme Triangles - these are leftover HST units that I cut from the corners of flying geese or something when I was making a batik quilt to a pattern called Bali Hai - can't remember if it was flying geese or something else, but it was one of those quick methods where you use small squares in the corners of larger squares. Anyway, I knew the HST units would come in handy someday. Of course, there's still a huge box of them, but at least it's a start. And I made some blue and black snowballs to go with the Scottie dog rows - here are ten; there will be twenty in total.



I also finished edging two sets of postcards - the London cards, and the Flying Geese ("G is for Geese") cards. Each of these card sets had a single card due to someone not in the main swap, so those two cards have gone out today - to Helen and Janice. The actual swaps aren't due until July, so I haven't put them in the post yet - haven't written on the back, etc, and plenty of time for that yet. Can't believe I'm that far ahead of schedule!

3 comments:

Angela said...

As usual your work is fab Kate, but I really like the flying geese!

sewkalico said...

Only a few hours sewing! You lucky thing - and you get so much done too! Love the triangles.

Unknown said...

Love those bright batiks against the sands - wouldn't think to use that combination but it really works. Your flying geese are very Caryl Bryer Fallert!