Sunday, July 22, 2007

Christmas star


Are you getting tired of this pattern yet? I'm sure I'll use it again for some of the other people who want star blocks in my birthday block swap - it makes up very nicely into both 9 and 12" versions, and probably other sizes too, as it's paper-pieced, so I can print it out any size I want. And I'm thinking of making a couple for my African block swap, too, though perhaps not for the very next turn. This one is for LisaJo, who wanted (this won't surprise you) Christmas colours/fabrics.

We went out this afternoon, so I didn't do a lot of work today, just this block and a bit of preliminary cutting and organising for working on my mom's cat quilt (sawtooth calico cats - the backs are pieced in arcs of triangles, as are the tails - I'm thinking I might actually do those parts by hand while watching telly). No photo there, though, as 20 baggies of different coloured squares is not very interesting...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

this block just gets better and better each time I see it made up

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful block. I really like the blue one.

Angela said...

I think this star block is beautiful and will definately not tire of seeing it if you decide to make more. As you know I LOVE anything feline so I can't wait to see your kitty quilt as it progresses!

Di said...

It is a great block and looks good whatever colours are used. Can you point me in the right direction to get the pattern?

black bear cabin said...

i love my block and it looks awesome with the rest of the stars :) thanks again! lisajo