Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Couple of postcards


Two lovely offerings in the post today - one is for Olivia, from the kids swap - this is the one on the left, with the batik flower. Unfortunately, the card lost some beads in the post - we are guessing it was meant to say Olivia, but at the moment only says "OL"...

The flip flops were a surprise offering, a thank you from Sylvia, who had asked for suggestions about making cards with flip flop themes - these flip flops are nothing like what I suggested but she sent me some anyway, as a thank you. Perhaps she used my idea on a different card... Aren't quilters and other people who make postcards lovely?

No work today - my mother and I took Olivia shopping & to lunch for a treat as Sarah is doing tennis camp this week and my friend Lorayne had Alex for the day (his best friend Nancy's mum) to repay some babysitting. And amazingly, I didn't buy anything sewing related, though I did look in both Tatters (a fabric shop in Kingston) and John Lewis for stiff interfacing for postcards, and didn't find any in either place. I hope my regular place gets some more in stock soon!

1 comment:

AmyB said...

Too cute! I think I have those same beads, and surely have the letters needed to finish off "ivia" if you're in want...