Friday, July 20, 2007

Reflections...

Recently, Annie nominated me for the Blogger Reflection Award (thanks! glad you enjoy reading it) and I think I'm supposed to nominate 5 people. Trying to think of just five is a bit hard for me - I either end up with too many or I get it right and then think of someone else the next day, and so on, so I just thought I'd mention a few blogs which I find particularly good for reflection. If you're a regular visitor here, you know I read a ton of blogs, and enjoy them all for different reasons - because I feel the people have become friends, because they inspired me to try different work, because they say interesting things, because I just like gawping at their great stuff, because I enjoy a glimpse into someone's life who lives in a very different place from me, and so on. So these blogs here are just a few, off the top of my head, which make me reflect - but everyone I list on the side is worth a visit for one reason or another!

Dotee's Life & Art - Not only does Dotee make great little dolls, ATCs, collages and so on, but I have been enjoying her journey of self-discovery in these past months.

Jo always does the most amazing crazy and encrusted work, but also, I find those blogs of women who have small children and still do art reassuring and inspirational - I've had several conversations with Jo (who lives across the world from me - don't you love the internet?) about balancing personal needs with being a mum... Believe me, it can be done, don't despair!

Simmy has a great selection of handmade items, but again, it's her general conversation about life with kids and art together that make me select her for this list.

Yarnstorm. Jane's blog is great to read. And beautiful to look at. What can I say. Oh, and she has a book coming out this Autumn (The Gentle Art of Domesticity). Go visit.

Dorothy frequently makes me laugh, and frequently makes me annoyed (not at her but at something she also is expressing outrage or indignation at) and basically, frequently makes me think. Oh, and she does some quilting, too.

OK, that's five. I need to sort some stuff out in my sewing room (no work for three days, but lots of new stuff coming in and being dumped on the table - ack!) and I need to do laundry and a bunch of other stuff before the kids finish school at 1.30 today for the summer (well, Alex finished yesterday, but as he's really tired and it's pouring rain, I think a day of vegging in front of the telly is in order).

No comments: