Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Beaded doll again, other bits, blog contest


I had every intention of doing some sewing today, but with one thing and another, just never got there. I did get a lot of stuff done (caught up with email bigtime, collected the car from the garage, had shopping delivered & put away, rearranged the girls' bedroom furniture, watched a bunch of kids including the two daughters of a friend who was in the back garden putting up our bike shed at the time, did laundry, and so on) just no sewing. Good thing I saved last night's efforts in beading, then!

As you can see, I have finished her "hoodie" as it was described in an earlier comment - green on one side, gold on the other. Not sure what I will do below the neck yet, will play it by ear. I think she looks great - I am getting fonder and fonder of her as the days go by. I had an idea to give her as a present to a friend with a 40th next year, but I think I will have to make a different one for that, as I don't think I'll be able to part with this one.

Also got a card in the post today, amidst the various junk which otherwise forms the bulk of my mail - this is an "H is for" card, from Annette. Great approach to this theme, I think. My next alphabet challenge will be to think of something for "I". I have a few ideas floating around, but nothing has really clicked yet. Of course, being the type of person I am, I feel like I really need to "catch up" on the series - I have a "G" (the flying Geese cards) but no A-F. As I need cards for miscellaneous other occasions, I might well do some other alphabet cards - small series of 3 or 4 perhaps. Going backwards and starting with "F" first, maybe. Or maybe not - we'll see. I guess it will depend on whether I think of anything inspiring for those letters...

Thanks again to those who have commented in order to be enterred into my blogversary draw - I have now added Joyce and Ruth into the pot. Liz, thanks for your second comment, but I'm afraid your email address still isn't showing (it comes through as no-reply@comment.blogger.com or whatever the anonymous default is) - you can either send me your email address privately to katelnorth at yahoo dot com, or just be sure to keep checking back here to see if you've won - and if you do, let me know your details then - I don't mind which way you do it, but I'd hate to see you win and then not be able to get ahold of you.

2 comments:

Myra said...

Hi Kate,
I finally made an account so I could comment. You have such patience with the beading - I can hardly wait to see her finished. I check in every day just to see what you are going to create next. :o)

McIrish Annie said...

Ohh kate that little beaded dolly is looking so awesome! what size are the beads you are using and what type of thread do you use? is it nymo?