Monday, August 06, 2007

Beaded doll - progress


See? I told you I'd done some work on it - although these photos actually incorporate two nights' work - and I was right I wouldn't get anything else done today - and no postcards to show (except my own pink & purple one back). Anyway. Here's the doll. Don't ask me why I felt compelled to surround the head in green, I just did. I am going to continue the green around the bottom of the face/nack until I run out of green or get a little more than halfway around, whichever comes first. Then the other side of the head will be filled in similarly, but with another colour, not sure what yet. I'm not sure what I'm going to do below the collar, but I think I will leave some space around the red thingy (technical term!). I haven't done anything on the back yet, but probably will, before I am done. We'll see how it goes. At least it will give me a valid excuse to buy some more beads at Festival of Quilts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate,

Peggy from Québec, Canada here...I read you everyday. I am inspired by you everyday and I wanna be like you :)...creative-wise!

Anyhow. I really like this beaded doll. So...where would I get directions to make one? I have a neat sunflower clay face and it just gets being placed everywhere...don't know what to do with it, except now I do...a beaded doll. Is there a site that would be good for a reference?

Thanks.
Later,

Hey....does this comment count for your drawing?

Totty Teabag said...

From the front, the black and white collar made her look quite prim...seen from the side, her green "hoody" changes her into something quite elf like.

sewkalico said...

She's pretty cute! I love the beading - just go with it, it looks like it's fun.