Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hats off - or on, rather




Today - the last day before the girls go back to school (Alex won't go back until next week, but it's still an official school night). Ran some errands - post office (including sending my blue & white quilt off to Hever), library, hair trim for Sarah, and then some friends around this afternoon, but despite that, I did actually work on the stripes postcards this morning - got up to the edging, but no photos. I'll photo them tomorrow, as I'm sure I'll finish - I only have a few more edges to do.

Instead of today's work, here's the post - a postcard from Anne for 1900's (SOS accepted as universal distress signal in 1908), an African block from Karol Ann for our private block swap (great block, but now it's my turn, unfortunately) and Cloth, Paper, Scissors, which I took with me to the park to read when I took the kids out for half an hour, but of course, there were two friends I hadn't seen for most of the summer in the park, so I just chatted instead. Life is so hard!

And finally, here are the girls' hats - we finished Sarah's this morning, and started Olivia's almost straight away. She did some rows, I did some more while chatting to my friend Caroline, Caroline's daughter (Sarah's age) did a few rows, then Olivia did some more and I finished it off tonight. They love them - in fact, Sarah has worn hers all day. It suits her, actually. And they were so easy to make. I foresee presents!

6 comments:

black bear cabin said...

Your girls are beautiful, and they look cute in their new hats! Back to school eh...hurrah for you :) hehehe
by the way...i rcvd my beautiful postcard today and its even prettier in person. i think im going to put it in a frame, but for now, its on my fridge :)
cheers!
lisajo

Anonymous said...

I love the hats! They are so cute, as well as your girls! I'm sure that when the girls' friends will see the hats there will be orders coming in :).

There is always so much inspiration here!

JustCindy said...

The hats are very cute! School started in NM last week. Not that school starting effects me anymore.

Unknown said...

I had a knitting ring too as a kid and I made quite a lot of scraves for my sister´s dolls! Now I have bought a knitting dollie for my son and he had had a try! I like the inchies you became and I like the brown ones best too! Have fun with the magazine (I am a great fan of "quilting arts" myself). Take care.

Anonymous said...

I love the hats! Of course, I'm rather fond of the girls wearing them, too.

Anonymous said...

The hats are lovely. I love the African fabric in the block you received!