Friday, September 14, 2007

Inchies on show



Well, from the photos, it doesn't seem I have a lot to show you today, though I did spend quite a lot of time in my sewing room. This morning, after a brief cup of tea at school with the our Friday PTA ladies, I had to take the car for an MOT test (yearly road test), so popped into Tesco (supermarket) while waiting for it to be done. I was looking again for a little A6 notebook to use inside my Lutradur & Lace challenge piece, and once again, could only find ruled ones. So I decided I'm going to approach it a bit differently and use folded sheets of various papers, sewed together at the spine. Will maybe work on that tomorrow. Also was looking for a winter coat for Alex (it's early, but if I wait until it's cold enough to need them, there won't be any in the shops) - that, at least, I found. And the soya milk they didn't have at yesterday's shop.

When I did eventually get home, I managed to finish off the masks cards, which can go out tomorrow or Monday, and also do something with the inchies I received from the recent swap. I used an Ikea picture frame - a deep one - and it works well, though I did have to remove the glass to photograph it... I didn't use all the charms received in the swap - two of them in particular had lovely dangles on them from one corner - I love the effect, but it didn't work with this. So I put in 5 of my own charms, and removed a few others which were less showy. But there are charms on show from all the ladies who I received charms from. I'm very pleased with the effect, and the picture is hanging in the upstairs hallway outside my sewing room, where I can see it whenever I am ironing, which I do in the hallway as my sewing room not big enough to put up an ironing board (don't get me wrong - I only iron in conjunction with sewing & art).

I also managed to clean out my closet, sort out a bunch of quilt tops to either go to charity or to my friend Lana for practice with her Intelliquilter, pull a bunch of blocks and misc stuff for future giveaways, redo my list of quilts waiting to be quilted, and sort out all my baskets of WIPs. None of which really makes good blogging...

5 comments:

Papoosue said...

I know I've said it before, but I'm still amazed at how much you get done in a day! My problem is that I get distracted by guilt - I feel I should be doing something else (like housework) instead of what I want to be doing. Will have to work on that...lol

Just to add more praise onto you this morning, I'm also impressed you do the PTA thing. I've managed to avoid it pretty much so far (more guilt) but they are trying to reel me in....... aaaaaaaaargghh

Unknown said...

Those mask cards have turned out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

I like the mask cards...good finishing! I have to agree with papoosue and the distraction. I get distracted and think so much about what I SHOULD be doing and not what I want to be doing :(.... I am working on it! ;)....a hard habit to break.

Later
Peggy

Di said...

What a brilliant idea for the inchies! Good excuse to go to IKEA on Monday. Going to Milton Keynes anyway so can pop in at the same time!

atet said...

Love your inchie display -- they look like such fun, hmmm...