Monday, September 10, 2007

Masks & Stars



Today's post - this great card for the masks theme - Diane has done a great job with this - taking a mardi gras mask motif and cutting it out in fine detail, then adding glitter and jewels. And on a mardi gras fabric - very effective.


And today's work - first I painted the back of the lutradur and lace thingy - no photo of that as it's still drying and on the back, it just looks blue. Tomorrow (or Wednesday) I will start adding paint layers to the front. Will show results before too long, I promise. Then I worked on these Ohio Star blocks for the September Block Lotto on about.com. The one on the right I actually did while at Cathi's house, but I couldn't show it then, as it was during the secret "sneak peek" stage. Today I cut out fabric for 4 more blocks - 2 pink and 2 orange, and began to sew them together, starting with QST units. Not a lot of work, but it was a busy day, anyway, with my yoga class and Alex's last chance ever to go to story time at the library... Will post again shortly with the new Monday Giveaway - hoorah!

1 comment:

black bear cabin said...

thats right....alex starts school....how fabulous for you :)
kids are wonderful, but the occassional breaks are wonderful too!
thinking of you in your time of sorrow and hope you and the family are doing well!
lisajo