Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Tagged...

Well, I've been tagged by Angela to do the "tell something about yourself for each letter of your first name" meme. This is one of those occasions one is really glad not to be called Esmerelda (actually, I think I'm probably always glad not to be called that - no offense to any Esmereldas lurking out there)...

Right.

  • K - (I rejected a lot of options here as being not-quite-right: Klutzy, Kitchy, Kind, Kids - all of these words do say something about me, but I think one that is better yet is...) Keen. I really enjoy things I like, and am eager to start, work on them, finish - be it craft things or other things. I'm not a very half-hearted person, I guess, I tend to give things my all, if I get involved at all (so the trick to keeping my sanity is to say no in the first place).
  • A - Amenable. Or at least, I hope I am open to new ideas and things. It's something to strive for.
  • T - Tough. I picked this one because it's true in several senses - just ask my kids :) but also, I am tough in the sense that I don't damage or offend easily, and can cope with a lot.
  • E - Earthy - in the down to earth sense. I like some of the synonyms Roget gives: down-to-earth, easygoing, folksy, funky, homey, natural, pragmatic, robust, uninhibited, unrefined

Probably not the very best set of words to describe me, but then, we can't control the spelling of our name (well, actually, we can, but that's another story).

3 comments:

Angela said...

I know a little girl called Esmee, but that is not short for Esmeralda, that would be an interesting name to live with :)

atet said...

Ya know -- there are some names that just should not continue on. I bow down to my parents every now and again for NOT choosing some of the lovely family names for me. Edwina anyone? Lavita? Hmmm...think I'll stick with mine!

Shelina said...

Kate, I love the words you used to describe yourself. They are very descriptive.