Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday stuff



Today was Alex's first day at school all day (he had a good time, though was so tired he burst into tears at the end of the day when I came to collect him and had to be carried much of the way home). I wish I could say I spent the entire day sewing, but no such luck. After the school run, I came back home and finished the quilting on this little baby quilt. Not very exciting, but at least it's done. Well, the quilting is done. I still have to bind it (will use the blue).



Then, however, I had to go to the dentist (checkup, no problems) and grocery shopping. I don't usually go to the grocery store, maybe once every 4-5 weeks. Other times I order online and have it delivered - from Ocado (Waitrose's online service), which has great food, but not all the extra bits a lot of supermarkets have, like clothes and stuff, so every so often I like to go to an actual supermarket. Especially as I had to buy some more polo shirts for the girls today after a hot water wash related grey polo shirt incident yesterday (I don't usually wash anything in really hot water except stuff I've dyed; don't know where my brain was yesterday, but one grey skirt in a hot wash of whites produces really interesting results). Anyway, picked up some fun stuff in the stationery section - feathers, swirly sequins, corrugated paper, alphabet beads. 99p each item, I think - or something similarly inexpensive. It was Sainsbury's for those of you in the UK who might be interested...





Two cards in the post today when I got back - neither of which really show to great effect in photos - the left one, which is much more interesting in person, is "I is for...Icicle" from Jovita in Lithuania - it's a lace background, with the icicles made from (I think) Lutradur, with silver metallic thread stitching it together and then clear beads. A great card, but one I am doomed to photograph badly. The one on the right is for the Sheers swap, and features snippets of sheer fabric behind some netting with quilting to hold it down. It's a bit more sparkly in real life, but the photo isn't too bad. That one is from Ann J in France...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess those 'grey' polo shirts will be stuffed in with the next lot of dyeing to make pretty playing out shirts :o)

atet said...

OOh, yes, laundry accidents. Um, doesn't require hot water around here. DD had a fun pair of tye dye socks -- let's just say I wash everything of hers in cold -- and, well.

At least you got a chance to go through the stationary section and get some good bits!