Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Twins reunited


Lots of fun stuff in the post today. The first thing, was my other "twins" CCRR back from its rounds - these were two halves of a single piece of fabric, which went off to be worked on by 3 people each - and have, as expected, come back completely different. The one on the right, I've had for a few weeks, but thought it was interesting to see the comparison. Oh, and this is what they looked like before...



And I had a number of postcards (3) - one from Chris for the London swap, somewhat belated; one from the sheers swap from Kaye (the bats are actually on the sheer fabric - very cool); and one from Sue, for the 1900's swap (below).



Not much work done today, as I took Alex to a local children's farm with a friend whose little girl is also starting school tomorrow (fabulous weather at the moment - a real Indian summer here, so seemed a shame not to take advantage of the combination of that and the last day with the babies at home - her DD is also child no 3, so we are in the same position of having our last little start school), but I did do some painting on my Lutradur and Lace Challenge piece. I think it's done now - or at least, I'm done making the fabric. I still have to do something with it, of course.

I started with just lutradur, scrim and lace stitched together; the back of the piece was then painted with Dye-na-flow. One the top I used a variety of paints, including Jacquard Lumiere paints, Stewart Gill MetaMica paints, Pebeo Setacolours and I also used TreasureGold on top at the end. It's kind of funky & I had fun with it. Also used a bunch of paints I'd bought and not tried out yet (admittedly, most of them were bought at FoQ, so it's not been very long that I've had them and not tried them out). What to make out of it? I don't know yet - ideas welcome. The piece is about A4 size, perhaps a little smaller.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how your L&L has turned out Kate, it loks lovely and shimmery,
it wold make a nice little sketchbook cover.

Unknown said...

wold?? it would of course:)

Helen in the UK said...

More great cards - particularly like the one with bats :)

Wil said...

Amazing how these ccrr's have improved. They are both lovely
Wil