Saturday, September 01, 2007

Virtual textile experiences



This (a night club in Tralee) is about as close to fabric as I got today...but it was a lovely day, nonetheless, with beautiful scenery - we went out along the Dingle Peninsula (An Daingean), stopping as the spirit took us, including a beach picnic and some scenic overlooks, like the one below, along the Conor Pass...



Cathi, on the other hand, who was not driving, was quite productive (except when the roads got particularly Irish), and finished the second of her funky Pomatomus socks. Here (in the spirit of Yarn Harlot) is the sock at the Conor Pass. Be careful sock, it's a LONG way down.

Hey, if I can't have personal textile experiences, I gotta settle for vicarious ones, right?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Only ever been to Dublin - would love to visit the rest of Ireland - the countryside looks spectacular

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful scene...sock included! I love the bar...so does the inside match the name? By the way, I loved the faces yesterday....good work girls!

Peggy (Québec)

Cathie said...

Lucky sock!! This is a great picture Kate !! it's a keepr.

sewkalico said...

So will you ladies be clubbing tonight then?

black bear cabin said...

im jealous...i wish i could knit in a moving vehicle...id get car sick! :( lovely shot...do you have more you can share with us? fun fun fun!
lisajo

Julie said...

Glad you made it to Dingle. I prefer it to the Ring of Kerry. Great fun up the Conor Pass if you meet any large caravans!

YankeeQuilter said...

My Grandfather was from the Dingle area. I visited it several times growing up...love the area. I hope your friend can see the scenery while she knits those socks!!!