Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Inchies - and postcards - and comments



You all probably know by now that I'm a little obsessive about some things. When I discovered the Inching Artists Challenge, it was in week 3 of the challenge. I knew all along that I would not be able to resist going back to do the first two weeks' worth of challenge (especially as I liked both themes). Had it been 6 months into it, that would have been a different story, but two weeks would have bothered me for the rest of - well, a long time. So today, I felt like inching anyway, and hadn't yet decided what I will do for the current week's challenge (Rust), so I went back and tackled week 2: Under the Sea and week 1: spirals. I think DD2, Olivia, has her eye on the mermaid. Plus she loves dolphins. So I think I might know where those are going. She has a birthday coming up anyway, so I might do something fun with them for her...


And then I finished up my leaves cards - actually, I did them concurrently, really, as edging postcards is kind of boring. Though this time, I did them a little differently from my usual thick satin stitch, as I thought that might overwhelm them a little. Originally, the idea was to go around with a wider zigzag in a couple of different colours, but after the first time around, I was really pleased with them, so left them. You'll notice I stamped the back with some leaves as well - was trying to work out how to get those stamps in, as well, and decided they were pale enough to go on the back...


And finally, a quick note about blogging and comments. Those of you who have been hanging out here a while know that I love comments and I love responding to them. I don't respond to every comment, though I do tend to respond to most of the ones that I can - the main exception might be if someone leaves me several comments in one day, I might not reply individually to all of them...but on the whole, I like to respond. However, a lot of comments, while not "anonymous" in the sense that they have no name on them, come through with no return email address (it shows as noreply-comment@blogger.com). Sometimes, I know who you are anyway, and have your email address from another source (like if we are on one of the same lists); sometimes you might have a blog, so I can go leave a reply there, if a reply is in order. But sometimes, there's just no way to get in touch. So, if you leave comments and I never respond, this might be why! If you don't mind that you don't hear back, then don't worry, but if you are someone who comments regularly and would like me to reply to you, you can either email me directly, off my blog, at katelnorth at yahoo dot com (convert that as appropriate) or you can leave your email address in a similarly safe fashion in your comment. I'm getting more comments these days than I used to, so it's beginning to take a little longer to respond - but don't let that stop you commenting, I do love to hear from you - after all, part of the reason I blog is to share my experiences with the blogworld...

8 comments:

sewkalico said...

I almost always comment so I was trying not to this time LOL, but I just had to say that those spirals are divine - you are so clever!

Myra said...

Your inchies look great. I like the mermaid too. I think I am going to jump into the fray this week and make my first inchies. :o)

Vicki W said...

The inchies are very cool and I LOVE the leaf postcards!

Anonymous said...

The leaf postcards are very cool, and the spiral inchies are great.

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

I just want to comment on your commenting. I like your comments and your work. No need to comment.

zizzybob said...

Ditto what Debbie said.

Sherry said...

love that early pun, "inching away..." hehehe

How do you display all the great artwork like the postcards and inchies (do inches go into a largery artwork? or are the appreciated as stand alones?)

Comments: love your comments; as you know I'm usually seeking advice or tips, so it's win/win for me! ;)
Perfect to mention in your blog today, as today is Delurker day!!

Finally, what is the best way to comment back, does one prefer a return comment on their home blog, or a reply to an email? I'm always overwhelmed--so many ways to say hello!

kcdi said...

The inchies and postcards are wonderful. Quick question...what does one do with all of the inchies after a trade?