Monday, October 01, 2007

A little bit - or several




So, here's today's offerings. Only a tiny bit of work (and I mean that literally) - these four inchies are for the Inching Artists challenge, which this week was "mirror, mirror" - with the instruction to show what you see when you look in the mirror. Resisting temptation to take the easy road of just using a photo of myself, here's what I've come up with. The first inchie is simply a mirror, so when I look at it, I do see myself. The second is some watch gears, which symbolise how busy I am and how time is important in my life and I wish I had more of it. The third (bottom left) is a kind of mother and child image; the last is a tangle of fibres sewn down, which is there to represent how important fibre arts are to my life. So, there you go. Can we please have something easy next week like "Blue" or "Underwater" or something :)

The rest of today's offerings are just things received in the post - a postcard for the leaves theme from Joan; an issue of Selvedge, which I acquired from Carina, who was trying to thin down her collection of stuff a bit; and a selection of goodies from Artchix, where I am taking advantage of exchange rates to stock up on stuff. Most of that stuff is just stuff to have, though I do have plans for the flappers...

5 comments:

sewkalico said...

The inchies are clever - they remind me of your washer competition :O)

atet said...

Fun, fun, fun as always (and since I haven't been posting much this week -- love the other goodies you've been sharing! That yarn, yummy!)

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

I always enjoy your posts. Your inchies are terrific.

Linda B said...

well done, I love how your mind works

Debbi Baker said...

Kate - Your inchies are lovely and I love your interpretation of the theme.