Thursday, March 13, 2008

Drum roll, please...



Or rather, pencil roll! As it happens, it was a lovely sew-y day today - this morning I went to my little quilt group (and the weather was nice enough to go by bike, which is extra nice) and this afternoon, I managed to make two things, despite having the man come to do the annual service on the boiler and having my shopping delivered. My exciting life!

The first thing I did was another pencil roll, and yes, I DID remember to take step-by-step photos, so look for a tutorial soon, probably next week. It's not hard, but pictures do help.

The second thing was another star for the birthday block swap, this time for Bonnie, who wanted bright bright stars on a black background, with enough black to make them appear to float. Can't believe there are only two more months of this swap - and finally, finally, it's going to be my turn - I am no 11 (i.e. April) in one group and no 12 (May) in the other two. So, less work and more post, yippee (though I have signed up to make a couple of extra blocks to replace early dropouts, so I still have a few to do in my months).



Also got a couple of purples in the post - the one on the left from Barb, the one on the right from Annette. Annette's doesn't photograph very well, due to the angelina flowers, but it's a fun card nonetheless.

4 comments:

artisbliss said...

You are really making inroads on your to-do list. You should be proud! I will look forward to the pencil roll tutorial.

Unknown said...

I really like this star block - it just sings. Can't wait for the tutorial on the pencil roll (no pressure there then Kate) I have two nieces and a nephew with birthdays fairly soon who might have got completed quillows from last year but now will probably get pencil rolls instead and have the quillows for next Christmas

Anonymous said...

You need to stop posting your to-do list, you're making me feel bad! lol

Love the star block and the pencil roll, can't wait for the tutorial either...

Ahava Hopps Brooke said...

Beautiful star block and great pencil holder.