Saturday, March 15, 2008

Goals revisited

Here we are at the end of week two of my experiment of sharing my goals with the world - and it seems to be working. I think I am one of those people who has a lot of motivation to get things done as long as I have deadlines and people expecting me to do things (even if those are self-imposed deadlines and expectations) - in other word, I just need a little kick in the behind!

Anyway, here were last week's goals

  • make at least one block for the March birthdays in the birthday block swap (deadline - 31/3) (I made the two remaining March blocks and posted them off this morning
  • Journal Quilt for the week (deadline 15/3) (just! did it this morning - more later)
  • make at least one pencil roll for one of Alex's many upcoming parties (deadline 15/3) and this time remember to take step-by-step photos so I can publish a tutorial (done, and even got the tutorial written and posted)
  • make at least one panel (6" square) for my dyehard/surfacing 2008 quilt project (made two - one for the dyehard aspect, one for the surfacing aspect)
  • pin together for quilting at least one of the Hawaiian shirt quilt tops
  • make a set of "starts with O" postcards (deadline 15/3)
  • make one dear Jane block (or rather, a pair) for my private swap with Cathi (done this morning - will post on that later)

And also accomplished, but not on the list:

  • added the second round to the centre for the Spring Fling Round Robin
  • wrote and posted the pencil roll tutorial

So again, a good week. What's up for next week, you wonder?

  • make an ATC for Anna's challenge with washers and buttons (deadline 31/3)
  • weekly Journal Quilt (yes, this one is going to be on the list every week!) (deadline 22/3)
  • join blocks together for Four Seasons Quilt Swap quilt
  • begin quilting the Hawaiian quilt which is pinned
  • start working on the white quilties for the Creative Swaps swap (deadline 26/4)
  • work on March arch for the Arch Swap (deadline 31/3)

Ideally, I will make substantial progress on both the Hawaiian quilt and the white quilties, but I don't HAVE to, so there's room to be distracted either by other projects or life in general. There's no school on Friday (Good Friday bank holiday) so I may lose a little working time...



3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wow! You had a very productive week!

Sequana said...

Hey..I'm working on the washers next week too.......*S*

However, yours will be way better, as usual. *sigh*

black bear cabin said...

impressive as always, the amount you achieve in a week! go, kate go! :)
lisajo
p.s. happy national quilting day!