Saturday, March 08, 2008

Goals this week

So, how'd I do this week with the first week of my published goals? Pretty well, as those of you who follow along regularly may have noticed from my sidebar. Only one thing didn't get accomplished (I did my journal quilt this morning before typing this email, so it just squeaked in) and given that I had an unexpected loss of a free day (went on school trip Friday), I'm not that bothered.
  • Make at least one block for the March birthdays in the birthday block swap (deadline - 31/3)
  • set of 5 postcards for theme "Purple Haze" for Arts in the Mail (deadline - 5/3)
  • work on "double inchies" for Fibre Art Bits (2x2 squares - 4 sets of 5 - any theme) (deadline - 25/3
  • Journal Quilt for the week (deadline 8/3)
  • make at least one pencil roll for one of Alex's many upcoming parties (deadline 8/3)
  • finish blocks for Hawaiian Double Four Patch (3 to go!) and assemble blocks into top; assemble other two sets of Hawaiian blocks into quilt tops
  • sew black/brown/red courthouse steps blocks into quilt top
  • make one panel (6" square) for my dyehard/surfacing 2008 quilt project

I also did do a couple of things that weren't on the list:

  • finished quilting batik baby quilt
  • made sample bag for April bag challenge/made bag for Barbara's private bag swap (I'm a firm proponent of the "two birds with one stone" school)
  • designed and made 9 blocks for Spring Four Seasons Quilt.

So, even I will be impressed how much I got done this week. Next week's goals list will be a bit shorter, as I have more planned for the week, so I know I won't have so much time to sew - last week I did very little during the school days besides sew - just a yoga class, WW meeting, and unpacking groceries to interrupt. Oh, and I cleaned the oven. And chased plumbers. And got a new radio fitted in the car. And of course went on the school trip. As I have a haircut this week and a quilt group meeting on Thursday morning, in addition to the usual yoga class and WW meeting (and needing to go back to the car place as I don't think the radio antenne is connected properly, although the CD works), I won't expect to get so much done (and the plumber is supposed to come on Wednesday, though he probably won't need much of my time...)

So, the new goals are:

  • make at least one block for the March birthdays in the birthday block swap (deadline - 31/3)
  • Journal Quilt for the week (deadline 15/3)
  • make at least one pencil roll for one of Alex's many upcoming parties (deadline 15/3) and this time remember to take step-by-step photos so I can publish a tutorial
  • make at least one panel (6" square) for my dyehard/surfacing 2008 quilt project
  • pin together for quilting at least one of the Hawaiian shirt quilt tops
  • make a set of "starts with O" postcards (deadline 15/3)
  • make one dear Jane block (or rather, a pair) for my private swap with Cathi

May seem like a lot, but most of those things will only take an hour or so, so it's not too bad. I was going to leave the "O" postcards off the list, then realised they have to be posted by next Saturday, so I guess they really need to go on!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Wo! You accomplished a lot!

artisbliss said...

I'm impressed, Kate. You did very well. Amazing what imposing a little structure and discipline on yourself can do. I must try it sometime :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate!
I am so impressed with your goals list. Might be a good idea to do a simular thing. And get some things done!