Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Booty call!


Lookie what I got! This is my mini quilt from the Miniature Booty Swap - isn't it fabulous? It was made by Ann, and I just love it. In honour of this little lovely, which I decided had to be hung on the wall in my sewing room, I have cleared off my pinboard today...

So that I could hang the little quilt above it. I noticed when I took this picture that I had hung the quilt sideways, so it's now hung the other way - like in the photo at the top of the blog entry. I know it's a bit cluttered, but it's not a big room... And you can actually see some of the cork in the pinboard for a change - not that that will last for long, of course!

Here's some more stuff which came in the post - a brown postcard for the beautiful brown swap from Leah, and the selection of goodies which Ann enclosed with her mini-quilt.
And finally, what else I did today besides tidy my wall - I made a postcard for a challenge on Arts in the Mail - the challenge was to use 200 items on the front on the card. And so, I have - there are 50 pieces of fabric - 10 thin rectangles, 20 triangles and 20 squares. There are 20 lines of stitching. Then, there are 10 buttons, 56 sequins (10 pink, 10 flower, 13 gold stars, 10 leaves, 13 misc small sequins), 20 jewels and 44 beads. Whew. Much glue was used in the construction of this baby.
I also did a little mono-printing as part of the May challenge for Textile Challenges - I intend to use the fabric as backgrounds for stuff - probably my journal quilt later this week, for one thing, and then, I think some more ATC backgrounds.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! 200 items! Love it! Super cute!

sewkalico said...

Excellent 200 items! Great booty too: it's very you!

rlbates said...

Wonderful mini-quilt!

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate,

I just stumbled across your website. I am a quilter myself, and am simply excited to find another (and many others you have listed) quilting blog!

I have enjoyed my visit here.

Unknown said...

What a lovely mini-quilt. A relatively simple but very effective pattern and d'you know I'm not sure there is a correct way to hang it as the pattern looks fabulous in either portrait or landscape - definitely a pattern to squirrel away for future reference

Toni said...

WOOHOO! What a great post day! I love your booty quilt! Anne did a wonderful job!!

What I started doing with my mini quilts is hang them from a wire I have running through my sewing studio--granted I need to add more wire! :)

200 items? Holy Cow what a challenge...looks like you did a bang up job though!

Ros said...

I rather like it 'sideways'.

McIrish Annie said...

Love your little quilt and the 200 item pc!

Helen in the UK said...

200 items on one postcard ... who came up with such a mad idea?!?!?! I think you've done a great job with a mind-blowing theme :)

Julie said...

A few familiar things on your pinboard Kate and I like your 200 items PC. Very inventive. :)