Tuesday, July 08, 2008

African geese



A little something to show today - only a little, but I know that at least one person will be glad to see this! This is the curving flying geese portion of an African block for Karol-Ann - all that remains is the black background, which i hope to add tomorrow. The second one is for myself - I will finish it later - maybe tomorrow night - I am doing the curved strips by hand...

That's all I have to show for today - tomorrow the forecast is for pouring rain and I intend to stay indoors and sew for as much of it as possible!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You two muxt have got to quite a few of these African blocks by now - how big are the quilts going to be?

Lynda said...

These curved flying geese are gorgeous! Did you get your rain? In Leicestershire it's rained all day out of a leaden sky. Great sewing weather!

sewkalico said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh! Can't wait because it looks amazing. And I see how you're doing it which is very interesting.
We've not done that well this year as far as numbers go *LOL*, but that's cool because I like the lack of stress in this swap :-)
Although I should probably try put some together for a certain birthday in October...

Unknown said...

Love the fabric (but you knew I would!)

black bear cabin said...

i wondered how you made those...now i know...very cool! i agree with anne...you must have quite a collection of the African blocks by now, when are you gonna share a photo of them all together? :)

Tracey said...

LOVE those! can't wait to see the finished masterpiece.