Saturday, July 05, 2008

Saturday stuff



Finally, a bit of a day to call my own - only the morning, but at least it was something - tomorrow will be another lost day, of course, with the summer fair at school, but I do feel a little better about my week!

First order of business was a journal quilt - I've gone for quick and cheerful - used the reject NYB block, quilted it with blue rayon thread, and hey presto - journal quilt!

Then I decided it was time to finish assembling the pineapple quilt top - having gone to the trouble to buy the red inner border fabric. I notice from this picture that I have obviously put a few blocks together in a different pattern from what I originally laid out - it had the paler blocks sort of flowing across the top, and now they are kind of clustered on one side. But I'm still happy with it and no WAY am I going to take it apart now. And now it will go on the "to be quilted" list - near the top, but not quite at the very top, as there are one or two things which need to be done first. Maybe next week I'll have some time to get to the next one...

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the pineapple quilt! I wouldn't take it apart either. I would not have noticed the postioning of the light blocks if you had not mentioned it.

tirane93 said...

the pineapples came out great! quilt it up quick before you have enough time to find the seam ripper!

sewkalico said...

Firstly, love your NYB's. I know this one may not have as much contrast as you'd like, but the colours are very nice. Secondly, the pineapple quilt looks GREAT. I wouldn't have noticed any cluster because your eye just scans the whole thing and it's lovely. Great colours and lovely sentiment. Love the red inner border too.

Paula said...

I really like your pineapple quilt. Love the colors!

Debbie Z. Lattuga said...

I see mine, I see mine! Second row, last one on the right. Hope those blocks brought you lots of comfort. It's a beautiful quilt.

rho said...

Hello Kate

I'd never blogged here to actually see the end product of the comfort quilt..... this is absolutely beautiful!