Monday, July 07, 2008

Some gorgeous fabrics



So, today was a low-work day - but at least there was a little work (I did the labels for the Four Seasons Quilt Swap Summer quiltand the second Hawaiian quilt - though I won't show them, as the FSQS label has the recipient's name on it), and some quilt-related activity in the form of shopping. My friend Lana mentioned she was popping over to our LQS, Creative Quilting, so I decided to tag along and keep her company - after all, that's what friends are for, right? Anyway, I needed some more WOW fabric, have run my stock down a bit - and needed to have a look at their bits and bobs section, as I've been making lots of mixed-media things lately and have also run my stock down there. I didn't intend to buy a dozen fat quarters of other fabric, but I simply couldn't resist this new range from Timeless Treasures - it's simply stunning, isn't it? I shall have to make something for myself from these - not sure what yet, but something that shows off the fabrics, for sure.

6 comments:

sewkalico said...

Yes they are gorgeous fabrics, such stunning colours. Retail therapy - it's got to be done!!!

Anonymous said...

The fabric is fantastic Kate and you're going to have fun planning on what to make from it.

Anonymous said...

WOW! The fabrics are fantastic!!!!!

Unknown said...

Just love those front left two FQs - the green and purple with the little dotty flowers on. Do I detect another of the BQL bags coming up in these?

Unknown said...

Kate, you are a genius! I have a dayfree in London soon and was (a) bemoaning the fact that there are no quilt shops in central London and (b) contemplating a trip out by boat/ return by train to Hampton Court because I have never been there. And then you mention an LQS I have never heard of and - oh look, right by Hampton Court train :) Now to work on hubby!

Angela said...

Those new fabrics are gorgeous, I'd best stay away from the fabric shops for a while as I may be tempted to get some myself :)