Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekly goals

Didn't do too badly this week, though one or two unexpected things came up, like the emergency quilt for Sharon and a full day at school on Friday. Still, here's what I set out to accomplish:


  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 19/7)
  • attach label to Hawaiian 2 and post
  • attach binding to Hawaiian 3
  • begin to quilt Forest Challenge
  • finish S postcards
I will do the journal quilt today, otherwise, I'm happy - the binding for the Hawaiian 3 is not something which matters if it takes a week or two (or 6) more to do. It will move to next week's list, but frankly, it will still stay low priority, which is nice - nice to have something you don't feel guilty about not accomplishing!


  • journal quilt for the week (deadline 26/7)
  • attach binding to Hawaiian 3
  • recycle challenge (one postcard) for Arts in the Mail (deadline 31/7)
  • ATC for Textile Challenges - theme - "starts with B" (deadline 31/7)
  • Manipulated fabric challenge for Textile Challenges (deadline 31/7)
  • quilt a bit more on Forest Challenge
  • work on Challenge Quilt for theme "inspired by an artist" (deadline 1/8)

A few miscellaneous small things which want doing - the manipulated fabric challenge will probably end up combined with the journal quilt, but that's ok - the challenge is simply to do something with manipulated fabric. The main thing is the Challenge Quilt, which I have been struggling with even thinking of anything to do with (hence no progress at all for month's) - however, after seeing the Hammershoi exhibit last week, I finally have an idea, so I might actually get something done on it. We'll see. I did consider giving up that group, which is run by my friend Wil, but then she picked me to choose the next theme, so I really need to stick with it. Plus, it's good for me!

1 comment:

Wil said...

Am I glad that I picked you for the coming theme :-))