Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Today was a pretty productive one - but I can't show most of the work I did because it was piecing a backing and quilting the Twisted Mystery 4 quilt. I managed to quilt about half of it - perhaps I will get the other half done tomorrow.




But I can show these two things - on the left is the mini quilt I received from Andrea in our little private mini 40th birthday swap. It's fabulous, isn't it! I especially love the border fabric (also on the back - it was the first thing I saw when I opened it and I thought - wow, I hope some of that is on the front - luckily, it was). The blue and yellow quilt I finished up the other day is the one I made for her - I've now heard that she received it and is happy with it, so it's safe to say what it's for. She also sent me a few FQs, which I didn't post a photo of - but I never say no to fabric (well, maybe once in a while).


On the right is a postcard for the neocolour technique swap - obviously, Barb has used the neocolours as a background, all blended together. They do run together nicely - clearly an advantage of water soluable crayons.



And finally - this. This is my own quilt for the ALQS2 - they are coming in thick and fast now (the photos of them, anyway) - be sure to check out the swap's own blog to see the great variety being made for this swap. Mine is off to my partner tomorrow or Thursday - whenever I have a moment to get to the Post Office.






4 comments:

mumzy said...

The mini quilt does have a beautiful material for the border. Nicely done. Also the postcard is also very nice. It is on your blog that I have seen this type of postcards for the first time. They do look interesting.

Chocolate Cat said...

That quilt from Andrea is just gorgeous! Lucky you and what a great way to celebrate your 40th!!

Ruth's Place said...

Andrea's quilt is fabulous!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Love that bottom quilt...your partner is bound to be thrilled.