Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things in the post lately...

Well, lookie what I got today - this the most fabulous little quiltie from the 6-12" swap group on Flickr - it's actually the November theme, which was words (I made the "Joy" quilt for this) and it came from the fabulous Katy (who has a good name as well...) along with all this lovely lovely stuff on the side. A bag made from a tea towel, a string of felt stars, some ribbon with cardinals on it, and some excellent fabric. I really must start putting a few bits in my swap packages as I feel like I'm a bit stingy when it comes to swap extras. But aren't these the best birds? Fab.
Also received recently - a birthday present (again a bit late, as that was in November as well!) from my friend Barbara (not a quilter, and no blog) in the US - which contained these great batiks, a lovely silk velvet scarf, a bracelet and a great magnet which says "at last I'm forty"...
And finally, a postcard for the "X is for" swap - yep, you guessed it - Denny has ALSO chosen to do "X marks the spot". Luckily, a very different execution.




1 comment:

McIrish Annie said...

I love the birdies! what a great quilty! and btw I like what you are having for dinner tonight. is there enuf for me to stop by??