Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Today there was sewing!



Quite a good bit, as it happens - the kids slept in and I did some sewing while waiting for the boiler guy (who, as it turns out, was apparently booked for the afternoon rather than the morning, which is what I picked when they asked my preference and what I had written on the calendar - touch wood, the boiler seems to be working properly again - perhaps 3rd time's really the charm?). I made this little mini quilt top, which will go to one of my ALQS participants whose original quilt may or may not ever arrive. I may even quilt it tomorrow, who knows. It's actually more blue and less grey than it appears in the photo, for what it's worth.

On the right is most of a New York Beauty block - I need to put the final arc on, but ran out of time (Alex had a friend round to play, so I had to wind down - not that they needed me, but I wanted to have a cup of tea and a chat with his aunt, who was dropping him off). Anyway, the block is just laid on top of the orange floral, but you get the idea...

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Both are lovely! Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful 2009.

jovaliquilts said...

Both are nice, but I have a real love for NY Beauty blocks! Your colors really make it pop.
Merry Christmas! Hope your boiler keeps working and you stay warm...

black bear cabin said...

im sorry you had to make yet another ALQS quilt...what a shame! i sure hope the other one arrives soon, but i will say that the quilt you made is lovely!
You are a super rockin hostess!!!!
cheers!