Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to the birds...





Gots lots of fun stuff to show today - at the top, a gift from Myra, a bit of a surprise. I sent her a cross stitch pattern and maybe something else, can't remember, and she sent this - a cross stitch pattern (which I knew she was sending) and the other bits, which were unexpected - a great project pouch with a zip - handy for holding stuff when taking it places (like a cross-stitch being worked on!), some brads, rings, thread & motifs - all highly useful.

Also received my goodies from I'm a Ginger Monkey's Fat Quarter Swap - my partner is Silvana, and I haven't yet sent her package off (mailing date is 14 Feb, so I'm not really being a slacker, even though I feel slightly guilty for receiving before I send) - but look at the lovely stuff she's sent me - the required 2 FQs of the swap, and then a load of lovely bits - buttons, etc - some floss, all wrapped in a paper napkin which will go straight in the interesting paper drawer and tied with a bit of ribbon. And a nice card, too. Thanks again, Silvana!

And as if that weren't enough, I treated myself to a rummage through the sale bins in my local haberdashery department (which also carries quite a bit of general crafting stuff these days) - I came away with ribbon, brads, paper, an interesting large punch and even remembered to get the two colours of floss I wanted and the dark brown thread so I can work on the Japanese applique tomorrow.

And finally, as it's Monday, an update on cross-stitch progress. I did dig the birds back out and have done two new boxes - well, one and a half, really. I'm not feeling very inspired by the birds at the moment, but as I'd like to finish it, I decided that if I finish a box, I can spend the next few nights working on something different - I want to get at least one box done each week, sometimes two. There aren't that many left to do, so it would be a shame not to finish it.

But I'm also working on something I have a greater desire to do, in parallel, to help keep me from getting too frustrated with the birds. At the moment, it's this little heart pattern, which has only four colours in it - I've started with one of the two colours I had in my floss box - the other two being among today's purchases. When I finish the current bird box, I'll work a little more on this. I'd quite like to finish it before the 14th, as it's somewhat seasonal!

6 comments:

floribunda said...

lots of cool "stuff" there! I can't believe how tiny your linen looks for that cross-stitch heart, though. young eyes, I guess. I can't get much smaller than 16/inch anymore!

Ruth's Place said...

I enjoy your bird updates. The heart looks adorable, and what a lot of cool goodies you got.

Ghee said...

I'm intrigued by your bird cross stitch project. What do you intend to do with them?
Dawn

Mom said...

Your friendly American sloth is seriously wondering what "haberdashery" is??!!

Vicki W said...

I feel about my cat the way that you feel about your birds but I WILL get that darned thing done!

Anonymous said...

I'm, glad you like my little package, and don't feel guilty! This was my first swap so I was eager to get the package out as fast as I can :)