Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Back to school...

Finished up the dresser runner today in another unexpected bit of time at home - mostly on Wednesday mornings I've been going swimming with some friends, but we didn't go today for various reasons, so I snatched a little more sewing time before heading to work (school back today, which means work today for me, though I spent most of it outside in the snow, first at lunchtime with big kids and then in the nursery with little kids. Fun was had by all.) So I finished this first - only took about half an hour as it was in rows already. It's not that big - the squares are only 4", so the overall size is about 20"x60" or so. It will cover the full depth of the dresser, but will hang over the sides at each end.

And then, as I still had an hour or so, I pulled out this baby quilt which I'd handily pinned earlier, and did a quick allover double loop meander on it. Not very inspired, but it works. And the quilt blocks are great for a baby quilt - an instance of a set of swap blocks that really works. Even the one block with a rather light navy blue doesn't look too out of place...

3 comments:

Myra said...

Love the dresser runner Kate. I should make one for mine.... LOL

Lynda said...

Bonus time is even sweeter than ordinary time! I love the meander loop quilting. I must give it a try.

sewkalico said...

Love the dresser runner - looks fab. And the baby quilt is lovely too.