Thursday, February 05, 2009

A little spare time




Not much, as I was busy baking a cake this morning, but while it was in the oven, I did manage to get these two quilted - they are only 12" square, so it didn't take long. Both are done with hearts with the background filled in around the hearts - on the red one (left) I did the hearts and the fill both as I went along; on the right hand one, I did columns of hearts on a string first, then went back and filled. I think both methods work ok, frankly. Not sure why hearts - I guess because it's February and everything seems Valentine-y at the moment.





And here is the triptych piece - it wasn't done today, but I did finish stitching the binding and sleeves last night, so it's ready to show properly. I hope the new owner (can't think who my swap partner is - will have to look it up again) likes them.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The trirtych is cool!

Ati said...

Every time I visit your blog I am surprised. You are such a fast worker and always nice!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Lovely pieces and I love the colors!

Ruth's Place said...

Love the tritych and the string blocks! I need a snow day here :)