Saturday, March 07, 2009

Strings



Wasn't really sure what I wanted to do today, so I just dug into a box of batik string blocks, and put together this baby quilt. I have two friends having baby boys in June, so this can go to one of them, perhaps. Unfortunately, it barely made a dent in the box of blocks, so perhaps I will make up a few more baby tops and donate them to Project Linus or something. Or I could just hang onto them for a while more in case I need them!
I also decided it was silly not to put together this string quilt, which only needed two more seams - it was in three pieces. I won't quilt it just yet as I want to get some fleece or minke for the back - in fact, I may not quilt it at all - may go for the tie option. But whatever will happen to it, won't for a while, as I have neither the time nor the budget for frequent trips to the fabric shops...

4 comments:

Gail said...

The baby quilt is gorgeous, as all your work is. Isn't that word "budget" a pain in the sewing neck?!

Anonymous said...

I love them .
Ann -BQL.

Anonymous said...

I really like both of these, the colours are very exciting.

Ruth's Place said...

I think these are awesome! I'm slowly filling up my string box - I'm aiming for queen sized string quilt, so I need to collect a lot! lol