Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Quilt Bee Block



Forgot to post this yesterday -I guess it was so busy I just didn't remember it... Yet another block for the Around the World Quilt Bee - this one for Carroll. This quilt has leapfrogged the one before it, so that I've worked on a ninth block before I worked on an eighth block - but that's ok...

Very bright colours were used in this quilt and quite liberated piecing, so I decided it needed some liberated stars, a la Gwen Marston. Because the block size was 10" unfinished, I had to improvise with some sashing to get the right size, but I think it works well. It's going to be a very bright, cheerful quilt.

4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are all pretty blocks. It is going to make a great quilt.

wonderwoman said...

lovely blocks!
x

TexasRed said...

I love these colors!

Anonymous said...

It looks great!