Sunday, July 12, 2009

Southwestern bargello




Today... This piece is for the July BQL Challenge - it's a mini bargello style quilt. I had some great southwestern style fabric with lizards on it which I used as a base fabric, then added the turquoises and browns. When I finished, it felt a bit like a river in the desert, so that's how I've quilted it - a river across the middle, then the ground - in swirls - at the bottom and some suns in the sky at the top. The binding is not as wonky as it appears - it's merely that I haven't actually sewn it down yet, it's just pulled to the back and pinned so I could make sure I liked it!



The other thing I sewed today was less exciting (for me), though Olivia was pleased with it.

8 comments:

Sherry said...

Great job that you did. Love the combo of colour

Gail said...

Love the quilt! You're so creative. Olivia is a lucky girl in her Mum!

Anonymous said...

I love it, very beautiful colors!

mumzy said...

Nice combination of colours. Cute bargello.

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! You're so brave with all the things you do. I think i stick in my comfort zone too much.

Unknown said...

I love the colours in this - reminds me of the sand pictures I wished I'd brought home when I visited friends in the States back in 1991

Marita said...

gefällt mir gut dieser Bargello .LG Marita

Penny said...

Oh, I loved that lizard fabric first time I saw it.