Sunday, August 23, 2009

Log Cabin Trees



Here are the finished blocks, laid out together. I am going to go ahead and put it all together, but I think I am right in thinking it doesn't have enough contrast. Not sure if I will take up Margaret's suggestion and use light blue or white (i.e. snow) as a background, and re-do it, or whether I will try something different. I still like the basic idea, and I do like log cabins - even paper-pieced ones, so perhaps I will make another one. I will have to shop for fabric first, if I do, though, as I have depleted my (relatively small) stash of Christmas fabrics and don't have anything suitable for snowy background. I was hoping to visit the LQS in the next few days anyway, and they have a whole room of Christmas things, so perhaps I will have a browse there...

6 comments:

Vicki W said...

I would have to agree. If you changed that photo to black gray scale I don't think you would be able to tell the trees from the sky. Light blue would look awesome with your green trees.

luv2quilt2 said...

Take a look at what was done here,
http://jjanovi.blogspot.com/. Maybe it'll help you in your dilemma.

Gina said...

I'd use a lighter blue for the background aswell.

love and hugs Gina xxx

sewkalico said...

Well, I still like that it's log cabins! And any excuse to shop for fabric, eh? :-)

Kathy said...

Yep, we all agree that you need a lighter background. You'll have to get some different fabric.

Of course, you hate to shop for fabric!! LOL

Mom

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hey Kate...you've been picked by the Irish Quilting Magazine panel as a blog to click in their 5th issue :o)