Sunday, September 06, 2009

Cross-stitch break



Well, I decided to take a little break from the cross-stitch of the wardrobe (bored of those browns) and work for a little while on this piece instead. This one will only take a couple of weeks - not much stitching to it - I did the branch in one short evening stitching. I think my problem with cross-stitch in the past (in terms of finishing) has been boredom - I tend to get tired of the project, so I put it down to work on something else for a while - which is fine, if you pick up the piece again later, but that was the part that was causing me problems. My current system is much better - mixing in the larger, longer pieces with some nice short, quick pieces. I can take a break and have the pleasure of finishing somethign as well...

Anyway, that's all I have to show from the weekend - yesterday Alex and I spent the day at Diggerland while the girls were involved in the Girl Guiding Centennary party, and today we spent the day cleaning, sorting out cupboards and various other bits and pieces. Back to school tomorrow, so later in the week I should have some sewing time - not tomorrow though as I am at school doing stuff for most of the day - uniform shop, a meeting, lunchtime work and helping in the library in the afternoon. If I'm really lucky, I will have enough time to sew a badge on Sarah's jumper before Guides. I won't, however, blog about it as a sewing effort!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Back to school tomorrow in this house too...today will be all about names in new uniforms and prepping PE kits and naming lunch bags!!! :o)