Sunday, October 11, 2009

Actual sewing



Remember actual sewing? I think I did some a few weeks ago... Actual sewing does not, of course, count things like hemming or sewing buttons on, or breaking one's sewing machine by trying to take in the waistband of a pair of school trousers for a 6YO boy so they don't fall down around his ankles...

Anyway, today I did some actual sewing. First, I did some stupid stuff, like fixing a few holes and re-attaching loose velcro and letting out a hem, but then - hurrah! - I did a few bits of (ready for it?) actual sewing.

Of course, one of the things I worked on, I can't show you. And that was my addition to The Calico Cat's Bloggy Round Robin piece. It was fun. Her starting square was a photo of her (fairly) new (at the time) baby - he's very cute. Anyway. Having duly added to that piece, I then did a block for Debby's Around the World Quilting Bee quilt - she wanted liberated houses a la Gwen Marston, etc in bright, modern colours. I have done mine with a night sky and some fun people inside. She also asked that we include a selvedge (or more) somewhere in the house - I think she is going to have a really funky quilt. I am very tempted to do a small quilt with liberated houses from my scrap basket. We'll see...

6 comments:

Gail said...

Very cool house! I'm glad you got some real sewing in!

Myra said...

Good for you - time to sew. I really like those wonky houses and the colors you used are wonderful.

mumzy said...

Glad to see you are back to real sewing. DH is actually trying to finish the window frame in my sewing room today, so maybe I will be able to get back to mine soon.

Ruth's Place said...

Very cool house!

jovaliquilts said...

Great houses!

carole brungar said...

Love the houses! You make the most amazing blocks Kate! Very inspiring!
Carole :)