Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spring/Pointy quilt



Not much done during the day today, which was spent largely mucking about and cleaning house, but this evening I did manage to get binding sewn down on a couple of small projects - the Spring mini quilt (also managed to add the flowers and faces, etc - did that this afternoon), which I think looks like good fun - I hope my partner will like it!



And finished binding this little art mini, which has been nearly done for ages, but the prairie points were putting me off doing the binding. I'm still not totally thrilled by the way they are finished on the back, but it looks ok - just seems a bit round-aboutish to me. Next time (not that I will ever use prarie points again) I will tuck the backing in and stitch it down before quilting, which will hopefully make things a bit better. [I have a feeling this is one of those things that no one else will even notice, but you know how it goes...] This little mini is going off to an old friend for no particular reason other than it seems like her kind of thing, once I get to the post office. Probably not tomorrow, as tomorrow will involve a lot of taking girls to one place and then another...

2 comments:

Gail said...

I like both little quilts very much. Every one is a learning experience, even if you learn that you never want to do Prairie Points again!

Gina said...

Love the quilts. The Spring one looks great fun

Love and hugs Gina xx